Challenge yourself to learn more about birth and doula work by exploring what it takes to become a confident and sought-after birth doula to help families through birth. A birth doula is a well-trained person who assists families during the birth of their baby. This workshop prepares a person to work as a doula in hospitals, birth centers, and home births.
Let’s talk about some of the things that we cover in the doula training! First of all, you will receive a packet of materials in your mail box. This includes a doula training manual and many handouts to get you going, including sample business forms like a contract and prenatal information forms to customize to use with your clients. Everyone in the training also receives an item for their birth bag that we use during parts of the training. (Everyone gets something different and it’s a surprise – so I can’t spoil it for you here!)
Topics covered in the birth doula training include:
- Doula Business Basics
- Finding Clients (including interviewing, contracts, and setting fees)
- Labor Positioning
- Non-Drug Pain Relief & Comfort Measures
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Family
- Epidural Anesthesia and the Doula Role in Supporting Families
- Cesarean Birth and the Doula’s Role
- How to Become a Certified Doula
- How to Assist Clients with Information Gathering and Using Evidence-Based Data
- Introduction to Childbirth Workshop
- Lactation for Birth Professionals Workshop
- and much, much more!
What You’ll Receive to Aid Your Doula Journey:
- Immediate Access to the Doula Training Introduction Self-Paced Course with Supplemental Videos and Information
- DONA International’s Robust Doula Training Manual
- Educational Exercises and Manipulatives
- A Doula Bag Item to Use in Class
- Lifetime Access to Additional Handouts, Videos, and More in the Individual Class Portal Online
- Supportive Doula Alumni Community
- Monthly Office Hours for Additional Support and Questions
After the workshop you are also invited to join a private community of alumni doulas from my trainings. We offer a discussion board and monthly office hours to help you with your business goals and doula questions. We also offer several additional educational opportunities through out the year. This post-workshop support has proven to be an invaluable asset to the doulas who have taken advantage of that support.
Are you ready to sign up?
I offer two formats – a three-day intensive (held three consecutive full-time days) and a five-week version (one night a week for about four hours for five weeks). You get the exact same materials, just spread out differently. So you can sign up for the one that works best with your schedule.
Here is the current schedule:
- August 6-8, 2021 Eastern Time
- August 27-29, 2021 Eastern Time
- September 17-19, 2021 Eastern Time
- October 29-31, 2021 Eastern Time
- November 12-14, 2021 Eastern Time
- December 3-5, 2021 Eastern Time
Five Week Version
- July 12 – August 6, 2021, Monday Nights 6:30 – 10:30p ET
- September 20 – October 18, Monday Nights 6:30 – 10:30p ET
- September 25 – October 21, Thursday Daytime, 10a – 2p ET
- October 25 – November 22, 2021, Monday Nights 6:30 – 10:30p ET
This is a birth doula workshop approved by DONA International as three steps in the process of becoming a certified birth doula with DONA International.